Minutes of 01.05.12
The Monticello Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors met on January 5, 2012 at Java Jones. A quorum of 5 members was met. In attendance: Tina McDonough, Kim Brooks, Regina Digmann, June Fellinger, Nick Miller, Don Peters and director, Barbara Hoffman. Don Runyon could not attend because of recovering from shoulder surgery.
Vice-President McDonough called the meeting to order at 7:05am.
Minutes: Peters moved to approve the minutes of 12.14.11 Digmann seconded. MC
Account Balances – Profit & Loss Budget vrs. Actual and balance sheet as of 12/29/11 and current bills were presented to the board. Brooks moved to accept the presented financials. Miller seconded MC
- The 2012 Proposed budget was submitted by two of the preparers; Peters and Hoffman
- As there was no chamber director from the end of July to mid-November, there is a surplus of $10,900.
- There will be a carryover under 2011 Net Income of $7,000
- A positive balance of $1,195.00 is proposed for 2012.
- All other items followed the previous budget
- Peters moved to accept the 2012 proposed budget; McDonough seconded. MC
- Commercial Club: Digmann reported on the success of the Great Christmas Give Away. A packed community room was present for the drawing of the winners. Ruth Harms was the grand prize winner. A thank you note was read from Ruth. $489.00 was received in donations for the community soup supper. This money is earmarked for the Commercial Club’s downtown beautification project. $5,940 was received in donations from area businesses, expenses were $5,583.88 with a balance of $356.12 for 2012.
- Director’s Report: Hoffman
- Membership packets were sent the end of December to all Chamber members.
- 21 businesses have paid their 2012 dues by 12/31/11.
- Goettsch Funeral Home is a new platinum member paying three times their scheduled amount.
- Charlie Becker, Camp Courageous, also tripled his fee as he felt the Camp should contribute more.
- Certificates and decals- both with the current date- will be sent to 2012 members
- Digmann moved to approve the cost of $97.50 for 150 decals. Fellinger seconded. MC
- Julin Printing will be printing the new chamber directories
- Miller moved to approve the cost of 500 black and white directories for $1,537.00. Brooks seconded MC
- Annual Meeting & Banquet-
- Date: January 25th: 5:30 social, dinner 6:30, meeting 7:30, entertainment 8:00 for 45 minutes
- Location: Eagle’s Club- cost same as last year- $175.00
- Caterer: Darrell’s Cost will be $12.00 per person + tax and tip: based on 150 attendance $2,106.00
- Entertainer : Tom Sharpe from Cedar Rapids-$200.00 for 45 minutes ( On January 9, Tom Sharpe cancelled, a replacement Doug Thompson was hired but at a cost of $500.00)
- Ticket price: $20.00 Tickets will be sold by chamber board members and the Chamber office, Citizens State Bank and Ohnward Bank & Trust.
- June Fellinger will provide tablecloths and centerpieces at cost; Peters is donating the napkins.
- Flower Shoppe and Century House are donating floral centerpieces for the head tables. ( Christie Kromminga from Brier Rose will be on vacation and regrets not being able to do a centerpiece)
- Advertisement & printed material:
- Newspaper ads- small ad for January 11th paper ;Larger ad for January 18th paper
- Information will also be given through Maria White and Peg Mersfeld.
- Tickets- Express will print and be available January 9th
- Invites- Chamber office will send an invitation letter to be mailed January 9th.
- Express will print 150 programs for $79.00 All material due by 20th for printing on 23rd.
- Community Pride winners: Miller moved the 2011 Community Pride winners for exterior renovation or new construction go to M-C Industries/Polo, HCH and DuTrac Credit Union. Peters seconded MC
- Hoffman will write to the winners inviting them to the banquet as guests of the chamber.
- Brian Weber, M-C Industries/Polo, Cheryl Dirks, HCH Real Estate, Dave Postel, DuTrac Cedit Union.
- Lifetime Membership Award: Miller moved to honor Dan Goodyear with the Lifetime Membership Award.Brooks seconded. MC As Special guest: Digmann will invite Kris Kosar and her husband as special guests of the chamber
- Day/Evening of Event: Fellinger and Hoffman will set up that afternoon Greeters: Digmann, Hoffman and whoever else wants to greet Evening Emcee: Peters Invocation: RunyonAnnual Meeting: McDonough will preside
2. Composition of the Board of Directors
- It was moved by Brooks to approve the slate of the 2012 three year term board members. Fellinger seconded. MC
- Rick Meyer, Rick Meyer State Farm
- Jim Miner, Culligan Total Water
- Holly Zumbach, Superior Appliance & 151 Landscape and Construction
- Hoffman will contact new board members for Orientation and also invite them to the banquet as guests of the chamber.
- Vacancy on the board due to resignation of Paula Wilson. McDonough is making contacts for a board appointment.
- Past president shall serve as member of the board
- Appointment of one year term board members.
- Transition member- Don Peters
- Ambassador Liaison- will contact Cheryl Dirks for name.
Vice-President McDonough adjourned the meeting at 8:30 am.
Respectively submitted Barbara Hoffman, MACC Director
Next meeting will be a transition meeting with the old and new board
A presentation will be made on the fireworks by the Fire Department